I love Sundays. In fact, Sundays are my favorite day of the week. I used to get a ton of anxiety on Sundays, but I’ve incorporated some productive things into my Sunday routine that make for a great day and easier week! Bye bye Sunday scaries.
You by no means need to do all of these things, but incorporating just some of these things I guarantee will help make your week so much easier and more enjoyable! I try to do most of these things every Sunday, and when I do, I feel so much more calm throughout the week, so I can have more time to do what I really want to do! I know it can be hard to spend so much of your Sunday “working” but when you realize how much easier it makes your week, it’s well worth it!
- Make a Weekly To-Do List – I don’t always do this, but when I do, it makes the biggest difference in my week! Whether you work from home or have a 9-5 planning our your to-do’s for the week ahead of time can make a huge difference. It allows you to set goals for the week, track your progress, focus on what really needs to get done, and it keeps you from having to make daily to-do lists. If you loathe daily to-do lists, try making a weekly to-do instead!
- Do All of Your Laundry – Nathan and I split up chores in our home and laundry is one of the chores I take care of. I loathe it. Every bit of it, but I’ve learned to make the most of it! One thing I do to make it more bearable is sit down and watch a Hallmark movie while folding, lol. It’s my favorite thing to do right now so mixing something you love with something you hate makes it a little more bearable! Plus, having all of your laundry done for the week on Sunday means you have plenty of clothes to wear and it’s one less thing to worry about.
- Do All of Your Dishes – So you probably do your dishes daily, as do I, but I have a habit of putting dishes in the dishwasher of an evening and then leaving them clean in there for 2 days before putting them away. If you’re like me, 1) don’t be like me, and 2) wash and put away all of your dishes on Sunday! It makes coming home Monday evening a little more enjoyable with one less chore to do.
- Plan Your Meals for the Week- Planning out your meals for the week takes care of many annoying things. It avoids the 3PM text to your spouse “what’s for dinner?” and then the “I’ll pickup Chinese” text response that sometimes follows when you don’t feel like having to figure out what to cook, stop at the store cause you’re probably missing an ingredient, and then go home and cook the meal. If I don’t feel like going to the grocery store on Sunday I’ll put in an Instacart order and just have them delivered! It’s worth the extra $10 in delivery fees and tips (IMO). If you’re really feeling meal prep-ey, prep your lunches, too! I often boil a bunch of eggs on Sundays and eat on those throughout the week for lunch. It’s easy and healthy!
- Crockpot Meals Are Your Friend – Crockpot meals on Sunday’s are my jam. I’m often busy doing all of these other things that I don’t feel like cooking so throwing something in the crockpot is ideal and if you make a big batch you can eat on it throughout the week for lunch and dinner. Pinterest has a ton of crockpot meal ideas!
- Get Some Exercise – Whether it’s a long walk or an intense full body workout, getting some exercise on Sunday prepares you for a good day and overall just makes you feel a little bit better. If I workout on a Sunday, I’m more inclined to also workout during the week.
- Indulge in a Little Self-Care – My Sunday evenings are all about self-care. I usually paint my nails, put on a face mask, take a bath, wash my hair, and watch a Hallmark movie. Self-care is the best way to end a good productive Sunday!
- Declutter – While we don’t clean on Sundays, we still declutter. We pick up around the house and get everything tidy. Make sure the pantry is organized and throw out any food in the fridge that has gone bad.
- Plan Your Outfits – I have a separate clothing rack in my office that I like to hang outfits on that I’m thinking about wearing that week. It usually consists of a blazer or two and a couple of blouses and sweaters, a skirt and a few pant options. I have a hard time actually planning exact outfits because I will just wake up and change my mind depending on my mood or the weather, so instead I just set aside a few things that I might like to wear. It saves me a ton of time in the mornings!
- Go to Bed Early – If you do all of these things chances are you’ll have no problem going to bed early! Getting a good amount of rest will have you waking up Monday morning feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the week ahead.