Easy 4th of July Outfit Ideas
I literally feel like the worst sometimes. Why? Because I never do a good job at planning ahead my outfits for holidays. Please tell me I’m not the only one who does this. I feel really bad saying that because I am a style blogger, so I should always be fully prepared with tons of outfit ideas for every holiday right? WRONG. I’m human, and I can’t pretend I have to altogether when I don’t.
I guess my excuse for not planning ahead any 4th of July outfit ideas is that we aren’t really doing anything for the 4th. Our families and friends don’t throw a party or anything, we kind of just do our own thing! I am excited though because this is our first year in Chicago, so getting to see the fireworks at Navy Pier I’m sure will be amazing! So, instead of just ignoring the fact that I didn’t plan ahead any 4th of July outfit ideas, I’m going to share with you all the outfit I came up with just from digging through my own closet and how you can do the same! Because I can’t be the only one who does this. …Right?
Shop Your Own Closet
- Establish whether you are going casual or dressy
- Next: think red, blue, or white bottoms – shorts, skirts, etc.
- Find coordinating red, blue, and white tops to go with what you’ve found
- If you literally have no red, white, or blue tops, run to Target and grab a red or blue tank for $5. You’ll wear it again!
- Casual: High-waisted denim with a red, white, or blue tank or tee; Red or blue shorts/skirt with a white tee; blue denim with a red, white, or blue tee; tie-dye your own t-shirt; white converse are always cute!
- Dressy: White denim with a red or blue blouse; red or blue romper/dress
- Go through your jewelry and find what you can in red or blue – see if any of it matches!
- Red lipstick can be a nice touch
- Red bandanas can be worn around the neck as an ascot – Target should have these for like $1!
- White, red, or blue hats are cute with a casual look
- If you don’t have any accessories you could easily run to Target and find something small to amp up your look!
This is the exact process I went through when picking out my outfit! I found these anchor patterned shorts (30% off right now!) in my closet that I normally would not have thought to wear for the 4th, and thought a white top would go well with it so I chose this white OTS top. Moving on to jewelry, I raided my jewelry stand and found the only piece of blue jewelry I owned (I got lucky there). Before I knew it, I had the perfect 4th of July outfit! Before trying to raid my own closet, I was going to just run to Target and buy something, but why do that when you can have fun creating a new look from your own closet?
What are you wearing for the 4th?