Hi friends! Happy Monday! We had such a good weekend. Saturday we grabbed coffee on the riverfront and watched the sailboats and yachts go by (obviously picking out our dream million dollar yacht) and got a lot of organizing done around the apartment. Sunday, some of Nathan’s family was here so we all went Meracadito, House of Blues, Bella Bacinos, and did lots of sightseeing in the rain! We were supposed to go on a riverboat tour but it was too cold and rainy.
One of Summer’s hot trends is paperbag shorts, skirts, and pants! What makes bottoms “paperbag” is that they are highwaisted, have a tie belt, and have a scrunchy waist. I don’t jump on many trends, but this is definitely one I can get behind. They look so incredibly polished while being so effortless. Not to mention, these are so comfortable!
How to Style Paperbag Shorts:
- Pair them with a loose tank top tucked in for a comfortable yet polished look
- A tight tank or bodysuit would make this outfit polished and chic
- A utility vest would give this outfit a little bit of edge
- If it’s a cooler day you could wear a loose off the shoulder sweater tucked in
- Pair with a button down and wedges or heels for a classic feminine look
- Pair with a crop top for a boho festival vibe
I can’t wait for all the ways I plan on styling these this Summer! I love the BB Dakota paperbag shorts I got from Revolve because they the color is so versatile and I got them on sale. The only con to these is that they wrinkle very easily. I plan on getting them dry cleaned and hanging them on a skirt hanger to try and keep them from wrinkling more.
How would you style paperbag shorts?