[ bar cart: Target 10% off with code FREEDOM ] [wine glasses: Riedel ] [ pineapple glass: Target dollar spot ] [ whiskey glasses: Target ] [ decorative pineapple: Hobby Lobby, similar ] [ napkins: Target dollar spot ] [ straws: Target dollar spot, similar ] [ cocktail shaker: Kirkland’s, similar ] [ ice bucket: Homegoods, similar ] [ book : Shopbop ]
Bar Cart Styling
I am so so excited to share todays post with you guys! Ever since I got this bar cart for Christmas from Nate (he’s seriously the best) I have been looking forward to decorating + blogging it! It was really cute because we were all done opening presents and then he suddenly wheels this bad boy out, haha. Precious! I had my eye on this one from Target for months, but it sold out a while for Christmas. Good thing I have a smart bf because he ordered it super early when I first started talking about how I wanted it in like…August! Okay I’ll stop embarrassing him now. 😉
My bar cart is my pride and joy, and something that I have had so much fun with it since I got it! I love its functionality + how nice it is to be able to entertain guests without having to leave the room. If I know you, I’ll probably invite you over just so I have an excuse to use it. 😉
Easy Tips + Tricks for Styling Your Bar Cart
Types of alcohol + mixers
- First things first, make sure you have a variety of alcohol! I like to keep a lot of wine around. (could I sound any more like an alcoholic?) I sometimes enjoy a glass in the evenings + when our moms come to visit they enjoy it too! Other good starters might want to include are whiskey, scotch, vodka, gin, tequila, bourbon, rum, + triple sec.
- Add mixers : tonic water, sparkling water, ginger ale, + tomato juice.
- Garnishes! If you’re fancy like that.
Stemware + decor
- Style with different types of glasses. I have flutes, dry red wine glasses, and scotch cups. Don’t make the mistake of just buying something because it’s cute because you also want this to be functional! The flutes were honestly an impulse buy, but I use the wine and scotch glasses frequently for us + guests!
- Paper straws + put them in something decorative like a mason jar!
- Coasters or napkins
- Cocktail shaker
- Piece of decor – Try not to clutter it too much!
- Bar cart books + fun bottles
- Ice/Champagne bucket
- Fresh flowers are always a nice touch!
Get creative with your bar cart! I got a lot of my inspiration from Pinterest + used that to help me find my own style. I love the pineapple theme I have going on right now and can’t wait to change it up again this Fall! If you are looking for good places to shop for your bar cart most of my items here came from Homegoods + the Target dollar section (aka: the best place ever). These two shops always have a ton of fun and affordable decor! Aside from alcohol, I probably spent less than $200 on everything for my bar cart, including the price of the cart!
How do you style your bar cart?